I qualified as a solicitor in 1992. I lead the firm's litigation team. I am a CEDR Chambers mediator and part of the Court of Appeal Mediation Scheme.
I am consistently recommended in the Legal 500. Recent testimonials include:
" Mark Summerfield is 'a tough, effective litigator', and his litigation experience includes classic and supercar disputes".
"Mark Summerfield and Colin Nahon are solid, robust, intelligent, thoughtful and understanding lawyers. They were always available and incredibly responsive."
"I’ve been particularly impressed with Mark Summerfield. Mark has very good judgment and an excellent manner with his clients, being careful to understand their goals and then coming up with ways to achieve them, even where the case is difficult."
"Mark Summerfield – very nice to work with, calm, and good with clients."
"Mark Summerfield is always available and ultra relable, if he says something will be completed by a certain point in time, then you can assuredly plan on it being done. This together with a very commercial eye and strategic mind makes him ideal to have in your corner."
"Mark Summerfield is a particularly canny litigator, always with one eye on getting the client into the best position to achieve a successful outcome by negotiation if possible."
On a personal note
I am married with three children. I enjoy photography, travel, and playing football. I am a passionate Newcastle United fan.
My specialist areas include:
- General commercial litigation
- Banking and finance
- Media litigation
- Property–related litigation, including construction
- Corporate and personal insolvency
- Employment disputes
- Classic and high value vehicle disputes
- Intellectual property
- Management of electronic or e-disclosure
Some of my notable cases include:
- United Mizrahi Bank v Doherty and ors  2 All ER 230
- Gemini Travel Group v Osborne & Others  EWHC 2403 (Ch)
- Philip Simmons and ors v Michael Dresden  EWHC 993 (TCC)
- Global Multimedia International Limited v ARA Media Services and others  EWHC 3612
- Nearfield v Lincoln Nominees Limited and Lincoln Trust Company (Jersey) Limited  EWHC 2421 (Ch)
- Murray v Big Pictures UK Limited (JK Rowling privacy case)  EWCA C
- Lombard North Central PLc v Dayah v London Asset Finance  QBD
- Greenshores Properties Ltd v Andrews & Ors  EWHC 3399 (QB)
- Gray v Smith & Ors  EWHC 4136 (Comm)
- Halberstam and another v Gladstar Limited  EWHC 179 (QB)
- Honeyrose Bakery Limited v Lola’s Kitchen Limited and another  EWHC 1856 (QB)